Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about the event?

Go down 
+22
coversbyrobin
pjschnyder
RoxanneRhoads
elphingirl
Melly27
dianacastilleja
KayleighJamison
Proud Bookworm
bluesun1218
Darci
Pyper541
cleopatra57
princesstinyfeetismar
bookworm2011
Alexandra O'Hurley
LuciCalanor
WOOWOO
kikigirl
Sariah
Jenren
TheMrs
StellaPrice
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

Questions about the event? Empty
PostSubject: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 am

Ask and you shall get an answer... if I have it...
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
TheMrs

TheMrs

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

So I've never been to a con...but I've looked longingly at many con websites and I've noticed that some of them have spouse or guest pricing. My husband is coming with me and although he's a wonderfully supportive of my habit he does not want to attend panels and other book/author related events, but he does want to eat.
Does AAD have anything like this?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:11 pm

AAD's registration is for the MEALS not the attendance for the con. So if he would like to eat, he will have to pay the registration price includes 5-6 meals. 3 lunches, a dinner, a breakfast and probably a welcome event.

Back to top Go down
TheMrs

TheMrs

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks for getting back so fast on that.
Good to know.
Also, as an aside, thank you for having a reasonable registration price.
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Well yes... that's because Registration pays for your meals only. we work with the hotel to get US a very generous price for the convention to BE at the hotel, and unlike other cons, we pass the savings on to the attendee. AAD doesn't make money off this con.

Also, the room rate is the LOWEST to ever come from the Hotel we are using in the HISTORY of the hotel's con hosting. I'm really happy they were willing to work with us!
Back to top Go down
Jenren

Jenren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

Are these questions pertaining to the 2011 con?
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:31 am

Um... No I guess they would be general questions mostly though I will answer any questions for both years... and years past if you fancy.
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:53 pm

How much is the registration fee? I think I have missed it somewhere. Smile
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:59 pm

we havent announced it yet. Probably in August.
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jenren

Jenren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:11 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
Um... No I guess they would be general questions mostly though I will answer any questions for both years... and years past if you fancy.

Thank You Smile
I will try to be patient then, for information to come about 2012...
How fast does this con usually fill up?
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Good question!

Honestly? With the amount of buzz we have already for 2012 we are betting its going to be less then a month to full up the 400 people for 2012. This year we sold out of the hotel in a month, and the registration in 3 months... So I honestly dont know.
Back to top Go down
Jenren

Jenren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:31 am

Okay...so we should plan on registering right away, and reserving our room also.
Do you have an idea as to when registration will open for 2012?
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

September 2011. Not sure when but I am thinking, bearing unforseen circumstances, the first week of the month (probably after Labor Day weekend)

Back to top Go down
Jenren

Jenren

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:41 am

StellaPrice wrote:
September 2011. Not sure when but I am thinking, bearing unforseen circumstances, the first week of the month (probably after Labor Day weekend)

THANKS a BUNCH Stella! I appreciate you're help, and getting back so fast Exclamation
I'm really looking forward to the con, and to being in NOLA. I've never been to either.....
I'll be celebrating my 40th b-day next year - the con begins the day after my b-day! Woo Hoo!!!
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:42 am

Well thats a big happy birthday alright LOL!

Back to top Go down
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:35 pm

I have this horrid image in my head of the registration being announced, and for some reason not being able to sign up...

Ahh! No stess about next year's con! Ahh!

Although I am looking forward to seeing all the new people who have just found out about it. This is going to be great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalromancebookclub.net
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:38 pm

That would be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh!

An actual question about 2012!

What is the hotel's policy on large-ish gatherings in-room? i.e. - the night before the con starts, can we semi-publically invite people for a meet and greet in a room? Or do they only want us to have "events" in public spaces?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalromancebookclub.net
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Lemme look into it....
Back to top Go down
LuciCalanor

LuciCalanor

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:04 pm

bounce I haz a ? You know me Stella, you know I've always wanted to see people bobbing for dildos. Someone, somewhere has to do this. I was thinking, and I have no details on how to pull this off just yet, but for 2012, would you consider having this as a game for charity? Maybe a donation to help fight prostate and ovarian cancer could be the price: you bob, you get a prize and a free make-over? I mean if I could find all the resources for it or something, do you think this would be possible? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Oh Alex

PostSubject: Hotel   Questions about the event? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey Stella -

Any way we could get some range for the room rate they are offering? I'm trying to see if I can budget the RT in Chicago AND AAD. But to be honest, NOLA sounds soooo much more fun than Chicago Wink
Back to top Go down
Alexandra O'Hurley

Alexandra O'Hurley

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:16 pm

And I just registered, but apparently, I had not signed in again Sad I am Oh Alex. Wondered why it was asking me for a name. Forum FAIL. Forums and I don't get along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alexandraohurley.com
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:33 pm

welcome ladies.
Back to top Go down
bookworm2011

bookworm2011

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks for the FYI about possible registration announcement for NOLA AAD 2012. Do not want to miss out on getting registered. Sure sounds like lots of people are interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about the event?
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next