Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

International Attendees Where Are You?

Go down 
+8
Margrete
Pyper541
Shaz S-S
StellaPrice
Helen
musette
WOOWOO
Sandy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

International Attendees Where Are You? Empty
PostSubject: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

I know it is a little early for this but the early bird gets the worn. Hahahaha

If you plan to travel to AAD 2012 from overseas please let us know where you are traveling from.

The idea for this section is to get as many international attendees connected with each other before and during AAD. This will help with rooming and possible airport or flying buddies.
You never know what else it could bring to know that there is a group of attendees coming from London, Sydney etc...

Thanks,
Sandy
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:42 pm

What a great link for our international people.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:41 am

It is a great idea. I hope people use it to their advantage.
Back to top Go down
musette

musette

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:04 am

OK! I'm in...dragging my backside over the pond from London...any tips? Apart from not wearing heels??? cheers
Back to top Go down
Helen

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Hiya
Just thought I'd say Hi! and chip in here with at least 1 tip. If I think of more I'll let you know.
You will get books. OMG you will get books.… and they sure do add up space-wise as well as weight-wise. Travelling from overseas you are already going to be strapped for space and possibly near your weight limits as well. I mean who leaves space in their luggage before they leave for all the potential pickups on the travels? Not me at any rate. Once I had a few pairs of shoes, some clothes and my toiletries… it's squeezy, squeezy, jump on the suitcase time. Anyway, a good suggestion most would make is to ship the books home separately. I'd add that you might want to consider taking it as excess baggage rather than posting it. USPS rates, at least to Australia were pretty steep. I think it worked out about double what I would have paid if I'd just added a bag at the airport. Of course there is added hassle of carrying it around but that's what airport trolleys are for *wink* (not for races… damn it! LOL) and then at least you'd have your books with you immediately once you got home… instead of having to wait for the postal pixie *grumble*. Mine have turned up now but it was a bit of a wait.
I love you
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 pm

a good tip
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:56 am

Hey ladies. Glad you stopped by. Great tip Helen. I am not sure of Stella's plan for 2012 regards to boxes etc. However, there is a small Post Office in the Quarter that I used for my last trip. The guy is awesome. He made sure that my hat I wore for the Steampunk Ball got to me safe and sound. I trust them.

Musette, keep watching this section. Thanks for letting us know that you are coming from across the pond. I cannot wait!!
Back to top Go down
musette

musette

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks Sandy...and Helen for the tip!

Am just pricing up flights now...so if anyone has any ideas on the best/fastest or most economical route from London to NOLA..please chip in anytime Smile (Some operators have me going via New York then Toronto...even in my limited geographical knowledge...isn't that the wrong way??)
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

totally the wrong way.

If you can fly to NY, then ATL or to NOLA that would be best. If you need to have a stop over try Chicago, Atlanta or even Charlotte...

Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
musette

musette

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Sadly I must have at least one stop...when I checked the flights before registration I was sure that some operators flew direct to MSY...but apparently I've been mistaken!
Wouldn't mind Charlotte...changed over there to continue onto Tampa 20 years ago...before any direct flights to there! Yes, it was a while ago...lol!

I will persevere...I'm coming...and that's that!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm sure you will find a good connector flight.
The ladies won't steer you wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:56 pm

How about a stop/layover in Miami. It is one of the busiest and major airports but I believe you do not pass Louisiana. I could be wrong because I think London is a north of Miami.

Okay, all I know flying to Toronto, a city in Canada should be a no go. You will be flying from London to Canada to the US. Now that's just state hoping. Hahahaha

Damn, I need to look at a map right now.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:51 pm

I believe you would hit Florida before Louisiana.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Perfect. I am not that geographically impaired as I thought. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:05 pm

your very welcome Sandy
Back to top Go down
Shaz S-S

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 am

Hi I'm Coming!!!!!!! cant wait to see you all there bounce Very Happy
Shaz
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:20 pm

welcome aboard Shaz
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:38 am

Hey Shaz, thank you for letting us know. Keep watching this section for announcements and such for our international attendees.

Is this your first one? No matter if it is or is not, you are going to have so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Shaz S-S

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am

Yes Sandy this is my first one and its also my first time to the states .Nervous but excited as well
Shaz
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:32 pm

A great city to start you USA tour.
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Shaz, So glad your going to make it to AAD NOLA, it will be so much fun, don't forget you can always check on the forums for room mates to help cut costs!
Back to top Go down
Margrete

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm coming from Norway, just registered. This will be my second time to US, had a 10 day trip to California in January, but it will be my first con.

I have no idea which route I'm travelling to NOLA yet (only thing I know is that I don't want to go through NY, haven't heard much good about NY airports, and can't remember which NY airport it was but it was on the list of 10 worst airports), depends on the cost, waiting time in different airports etc and due to not being a 100% sure I'll make it, I'll have to wait a few months before I book any plane tickets. And I have to decide if I should come a few days early for sightseeing and shopping lol.

My suitcase will probably only be halvfull so I'll have plenty of space for stuff, but that'll probably give me overweight, especially on the domestic flight in Norway lol
Back to top Go down
Carolline

Carolline

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Muskette,
I am from FL and when I have flown to London my flight is usually Orlando (FL) to Dulles (DC) then to London and that has usually been a really smooth flight over the ocean.

If you can hit Dulles then Louisiana or Orlando (or Miami) then Louisiana or Atlanta then Louisiana or NYC then Louisiana or Chicago (O'Hare) to New Orleans, I believe those are the big international airports on the east coast.

xo, Carolline
"Baby I Only Chase Drinks and Dreams. Not People."-unk
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/@CarollineGreene
Sasha White

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I'm Canadian and while I'm an AAD virgin, I've been to many many conferences. ABout shipping the books home, be careful, and be sure you know what your countries customs rules are. I shipped xbox home once, and it ended up costing me A LOT to get it out of customs. It was not worth it at all.
Since then I only take home what I can fit in my suitcase. Which is good, because really, chances of reading every book offered free is pretty small, for me anyway. It forces you to actually look at what's offered, and trade for ones you really like. ANd as an author, I think it's great too because giving away book is expensive, and I want everyone I've given away to be read, not just to sit on a TBR pile for several years and get dusty. (ANd yes, I've done that with books too. LOL )

Sasha
Back to top Go down
Yuliss

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Hey guys!

I'm coming from Spain! It took me a while to register.. LOL but well.. I'm here! I don't know you, but I so can't wait!! And yeah.. I'm an AAD virgin too... but I'll change that soon... *grins*

Nice to meet you all!!

Yuliss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Attendees Where Are You?   International Attendees Where Are You? Empty

Back to top Go down

International Attendees Where Are You?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Authors After Dark :: Incidentals :: International Attendees-
Jump to: