AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

PostSubject: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:52 pm

I found it very difficult to put this book down and am very glad that its part of a series because I loved these characters!

Cat was an extremely complicated character, being the product of a rape she was never loved unconditionally because she was part vampire. Her mother hated that part of her and was in my opinion cruel with her. She wasn't physically abused at home but she was emotionally abused and always an outsider at school and in her community. She had a deep hatred for vampires because of what her father did to her mother and the fact that's why her family would never truly accept her.

Bones, an extremely old nosferatu bounty hunter. He is smart, extremely charming, and cute as hell. I really enjoyed Bones' character and his ability to help Cat finally accept herself. Being an older vampire he was very capable of handling the worst of situation while always keeping his cool. I loved his dialogue, accent, and sarcasm. He kept me entertained throughout the entire book.

Bones and Cat had an extremely complicated relationship and I was very glad when he was able to finally break down her shields. I loved the fact that after she let him drink from her he hid her clothes in the morning so she couldn't just run out in case she regretted it later like she did after the first time they had sex. These two characters complimented each other extremely well. I wasn't thrilled with the way things turned out but Cat felt she had to do what was best for everyone and I respect that she was able to make a tough decision. Its ironic that the one thing her mother encouraged and felt proud of her for (killing vampires) was the thing that brought Cat and Bones together.

Just glad I don't have to wait for the next book in the series. I've already picked up a few, just waiting for time to read them!
Back to top Go down
Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm

I love Cat and Bones!!!! They get better with every book! Love this series, I have even read The Night Huntress World series. Waiting for the Vlad series to come out next year!! cheers
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:44 pm

I absolutely love this series! Halfway to the Grave left off with a bit of a cliffhanger,( love when that happens) So I have continued on and am now on book 4. Destined For an Early Grave.

Cat and Bones have great chemistry and I love how Cat will speak her mind, sometimes without think first. Smile I love to read books where the women kick ass!
This book had a lot of humor, tense scenes and heart break. Kept me on the edge of my seat! Loved it!
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:39 pm

I love Cat and Bones they are a great match for each other. I love bones Humor and all the sarcasm he has. Was glad to read this book have read all in this series and the Night Huntress World books too.. I can say they only get better and Ladies you will LOVE Vlad he is great.. I did find it very sad when she made the rough choice to leave him and run with her mother.. But I also understand that was the only way to keep them all safe so she thought..
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Melly! That teaser was just uncalled for! I have so many books to read and I'm short on funds after my vacation and registering! That's just so not nice! I am really looking forward to reading the rest of the series though!

Did anyone else have a problem with Cat's mom? I guess I can understand to a point but the only thing she encouraged Cat to do was the thing that put her in danger and also ultimately brought her and Bones together.

Oh and Danny Milton, anyone else want to kill him? I know I did at the beginning and then really at the end. They both brought some conflict to the story but I think I liked them a little less than the real bad guys. Maybe that's just me!
Back to top Go down
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Yes I hated Danny and her mother too and sorry about the teaser.. I have to say Pyper I was like you in the fact that I Hated Danny more than Hennessy both are asses for sure .. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Pyper- I couldn't believe Cats Mom didn't care that she was putting her life in jeopardy every time she went out to fight vampires. She kind of acts like Cats just a weapon to destroy Vamps and not a daughter. That was my take at first anyway.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Oh ladies you grow to love and hate her mother even more if you read the rest of the series..
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:40 pm

I totally get it now Melly, I'm a good way into the series. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:44 pm

LOL right blue glad you like the books and plan to read the rest of the series I will not spoil any of it for you but man its hard not to at the same time.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:46 pm

You can always say later, if you're going to chat about the other books in the series just please wait til the next book thread is opened and write any spoilers on the other books in a different color so people don't accidentally read them! Its nice to get opinions on the other books, just want to give people a chance to at least finish the first book, I figure a week is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Right right I understand that is why I don't want to say to much about it causee I don't want to spoil anything from the rest of the books..
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:09 am

I absolutely adored the characters in this book! I am already excited to read the rest of the series! I loved everything about Bones! I was a little heartbroken myself @ the way Cat had to leave him by note in the end and really hoping he stays true to his promise to hunt her down!

This book definitely keeps you on he edge of your seat & i hope the rest of the series follows suit!

I agree with you ladies on the mixed feelings about her mother & hating Danny with a passion! Bones definitely should of killed him straight off! Razz

These two make a great pair! I loved the sarcasm & comedy in the book! I also loved when she went to the graveyard & was molested by the ghost that was great didn't see that coming! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:52 am

That was definitely interesting... I couldn't believe she drank the entire bottle of Moonshine! That stuff is crazy, I've seen a shot get some people messed up. Good thing Cat's half vampire! lol!
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I agree lol most people can't handle a lot of moonshine! If she was completely human it probably would've killed her! Smile
Back to top Go down
musette

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:11 pm

OK...you've convinced me!!! (Thanks Pyper Very Happy )

This has been languishing in my TBR pile for an embarrassing length of time....as soon as I'm done with my Vampire Queen series re-read...I'm on it!!!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Yay, Definitely a good book I still haven't started on the rest of the series I've got so much going on but you're going to love it!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:47 pm

I just finished the series. All I can say is wow! you guys have to read it, by far one of my favs. There's also a new short story with Cat and Bones in Jeaniene Frost's newest The Bite Before Christmas. It's called Home For the Holidays.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer The Book Nympho

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:51 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. You must read them all. I've read books 1-4 twice. And the "spin-off" series, Night Huntress WORLD is great too. So far there has only been two books. One about Spade and one about Menchres (sp?).

I can't wait for June when Frost releases Once Burned. It's about Vlad. He shows up in book 3 if I remember correctly. Great stuff!

CHAPTER 32!!! (Book 2, if you don't get the reference)
Back to top Go down
http://thebooknympho.blogspot.com/
Drea

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm a big fan of Frost! I have read, re-read the series and her many anthologies so many times, the jacket is begining to fall off on a few! I even got my younger brother (age 34) to read them too. He really enjoyed them.

Every time I hear Kelly Clarksons song "Kiss", I picture Cat and Bones.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer The Book Nympho

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Yes, Drea. I've re-read this series too. LOVE IT.
Back to top Go down
http://thebooknympho.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...   

Back to top Go down

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost(Book Club 9) may include spoilers...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1