Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ

Go down 
+27
musette
mstiggerlicious
stephaniemorris
Lacie Nation
Ann Mayburn
coversbyrobin
Miss Mindy
PRationality
Spaz
elphingirl
trinityblacio
Melly27
Darci
bluesun1218
Pyper541
cleopatra57
Sariah
RoxanneRhoads
princesstinyfeetismar
StellaPrice
loajayne
WOOWOO
AvaRileyRomance
Jenren
bookworm2011
kikigirl
pjschnyder
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
WOOWOO

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:01 pm

trinityblacio wrote:
Question waves hand cheers do we know how much registration will be for New Orleans I want to make sure I have enough put away for it when registration opens up on the first day! I've just paid for Rom Fest. I pay for all the registrations then I start paying the hotel a head of time so all I have to do is bring money for spending and food. And I want to bring a lot of money to New Orleans!!
Trinity

I don't remember an exact price. How do you pay the hotel ahead of time?
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

WOOWOO wrote:
trinityblacio wrote:
Question waves hand cheers do we know how much registration will be for New Orleans I want to make sure I have enough put away for it when registration opens up on the first day! I've just paid for Rom Fest. I pay for all the registrations then I start paying the hotel a head of time so all I have to do is bring money for spending and food. And I want to bring a lot of money to New Orleans!!
Trinity

I don't remember an exact price. How do you pay the hotel ahead of time?
I usually call and ask what the total bill is going to be and I'll send a money order for that much or maybe a little more so I can order room service. Smile

then what ever I don't use they usually just refund it in cash.
Trinity
Back to top Go down
http://trinityblacio.com
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 pm

interesting. thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Trinity for the great tip.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:11 pm

I never thought of doing that.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Same here sounds like a great plan so I don't have to worry about it at the con..
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 pm

Melly27 wrote:
Same here sounds like a great plan so I don't have to worry about it at the con..

Hell I had my wedding paid for six months before I got married. I always if I can pay for things a head of time. Easier and less stress.

Trinity
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

Right that would have help me a ton at my wedding.. I had people asking me after I said I Do where their money was..
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 pm

they don't wait for anything do they.
Even funerals.
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 pm

WOOWOO wrote:
they don't wait for anything do they.
Even funerals.

Nope they held my cousins dad's body for over two months because they were 100 short till finally they asked my mom for the money so they could bury their dad. And they are not the only ones who are in the same boat there are a lot of people out there who can't do anything. That's why I always prepare as much as I can.

Trinity
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Yeah I like to plan and prepare as much as I can but have never heard of pay for a hotel like that..Smile
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: is sort of uber new to the con scene....   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

I have been to several conventions for various other things.... anime, manga, gaming, cosplay, etc...

but AAD will be my first book convention and i honestly can't wait for the convention in 2012.... i hope that i am able to register in time to come down to NOLA and meet all you lovely ladies...
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Well I for one can't wait to meet u and have all kinds of crazy fun.. lol!
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:18 pm

elphingirl wrote:
I have been to several conventions for various other things.... anime, manga, gaming, cosplay, etc...

but AAD will be my first book convention and i honestly can't wait for the convention in 2012.... i hope that i am able to register in time to come down to NOLA and meet all you lovely ladies...

I've never been to any other but would love to try them.

Trinity
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 pm

elphingirl wrote:

All those cons sound like fun but there never half any close to where I live soo its hard to go..Smile
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:35 pm

trinityblacio wrote:
elphingirl wrote:

Trinity

oh miss trinity.... they are insane and fun... i just went to one in MD and it was amazing... i still have con glow.... but the con lag or what my friends call con hanover was wicked....

it was a three day event and it had over 32,000 people there......
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm

WOW that's a lot of people..
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 pm

trinityblacio wrote:
elphingirl wrote:

Trinity

oh my god.... if you ever get to one... go to a small one first... don't do ComicCon... its insane and very overwhelming at first...

its easy to find smaller conventions when you google anime conventions...
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Melly27 wrote:
WOW that's a lot of people..

my photos don't even show the half of it...
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Very Happy WOW
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Melly27 wrote:
Very Happy WOW

yeah... i felt like a sardine for much of it and the lines were horrible... but i survived and loved it and now i am addicted to the cons...
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 pm

i really can't wait for this convention....

i am a novice writer and this will help me a bit with my writings and being exposed to the publishing world.... i also want to know about the convention and how it is run.... and maybe someday i would love to be involved with the happenings of the convention...
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 am

elphingirl wrote:
i really can't wait for this convention....

i am a novice writer and this will help me a bit with my writings and being exposed to the publishing world.... i also want to know about the convention and how it is run.... and maybe someday i would love to be involved with the happenings of the convention...
Wow I think we will have a blast at this con and hope that u find out and get the info u need about different things in the writing world... Laughing
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:45 am

Yeah. I can't wait. I can't wait to hang out with you melly... We are gonna have a good time and as they say "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"... Let the good times roll!
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 am

Word we are going to have a grand ole time in NOLA..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Authors After Dark :: Welcome Mat :: AAD Virgins-
Jump to: