AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tattoo Inquiries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:39 pm

melly, you are prepared!
Back to top Go down
Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks WOOWOO I have to be I have an plan and I don't want getting my tattoo to get in the way of any parties or outing with the authors.. Got to be able to get dressed and walk without been sore.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 am

Signed up for my tattoo. I can't wait. I might go ahead and schedule a second one... Might not... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:34 am

Just a heads up for anyone that was wondering about body piercing at the con, I created a new topic 'Want Something On Your Body Pierced?'.

Also Voodoo did confirm that he is taking art deposits on scheduled tattoos...and that it will have to be money order sent to the shop address in Rochester NY, just so you are aware.
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Miss misty,

What if he didn't say anything about a deposit to me?
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
trinityblacio

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

I don't mind the deposit but will he be sending out notices soon on how much? Was just curious especially since I pay with royalties which come every 3 to 4 months. Wink

I wanted to pay hotel off with this months, but that will now have to wait till next check will pay RT registration instead. Smile

Trinity
Back to top Go down
http://trinityblacio.com
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:08 pm

he didn't to me either, I sent him a facebook message to check into it.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
cleopatra57

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:23 pm

this might be a random question, but by filling out the tattoo form with preferred times- does that mean I fall into the category of having a 'scheduled tattoo'? As in, 'I've now scheduled my tattoo so I can go ahead and talk to Voodoo about writing out a deposit' type of thing?

I wasn't sure because on the form it gave us the option of listing three different times...
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm

FYI: Voodoo has told me that they are only taking deposits for the drawings which is $40 and $20 is part of your tattoo they will be writing down who pays a deposit and have it listed for the Con. he told me to send the money order to geoff chard @ 159 johnson rd. rochester ny 14616
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:21 pm

elphingirl wrote:
Miss misty,
What if he didn't say anything about a deposit to me?
If you have already worked with Voodoo on a design and have filled out the pre-schedule form but he did not discuss an art deposit with you, you can contact him through their Facebook Page, or on their website to see what he would prefer.

My assumption (and this is my assumption only, not a fact confirmed by Voodoo) of why he is asking for an art deposit is to ensure that the time it takes him to create the design is compensated for (just like you would want to be paid for any work you do in your career), as well as reduces the chance of pre-scheduled people being no-shows which then leaves him with no money for a time slot he could have made money on (kinda like if you showed up to work, but your boss decided not to pay you because they decided to cancel the task you had for that day regardless of the fact that you showed up).
I hope that helps everyone here with the art deposit confusion. Very Happy Good news is we have a little less than a year to get it all ironed out.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

trinityblacio wrote:
I don't mind the deposit but will he be sending out notices soon on how much? Was just curious especially since I pay with royalties which come every 3 to 4 months. Wink

I wanted to pay hotel off with this months, but that will now have to wait till next check will pay RT registration instead. Smile

Trinity
I believe it ranges based on how big, how detailed, and how much time it takes him to design it. The absolute best way to find out how much it might be is to contact Voodoo directly. You can contact him through their Facebook Page, or on their website. He wont be able to quote a price until he knows more about the design.

If you have already worked with Voodoo on a design and have filled out the pre-schedule form but he did not discuss an art deposit with you, you can contact him through their Facebook Page, or on their website to see what he would prefer.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

cleopatra57 wrote:
this might be a random question, but by filling out the tattoo form with preferred times- does that mean I fall into the category of having a 'scheduled tattoo'? As in, 'I've now scheduled my tattoo so I can go ahead and talk to Voodoo about writing out a deposit' type of thing?

I wasn't sure because on the form it gave us the option of listing three different times...
It's preferred if you contact Voodoo and agree on a design with him first before filling out the pre-schedule form. That way your tattoo time slot isn't taken up with the time it takes to decide on a design.

Anyone who works with Voodoo and then fills out the pre-schedule form has a 'scheduled' tattoo. However if you don't list a preferred time, your final scheduled time might not be one that works out with your con schedule and you will have to miss a panel or event you planned to attend in order to get your tattoo.

As we get closer to the con I will be providing the final schedule of everyone that pre-scheduled.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

bluesun1218 wrote:
FYI: Voodoo has told me that they are only taking deposits for the drawings which is $40 and $20 is part of your tattoo they will be writing down who pays a deposit and have it listed for the Con. he told me to send the money order to geoff chard @ 159 johnson rd. rochester ny 14616

Please remember not to send any money to Voodoo unless you have already contacted him through their Facebook Page, or on their website and he has worked with you on a design and told you how much to send. We don't want any confusion between con attendees getting tattoos and Voodoo as to who paid.
Back to top Go down
cnc123

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:36 am

Tattoos and scars can be permanent, but only for each faction. When my character is on Security, he is clean cut, shaven, no tats, no scars. But I want my character for the Resistance to be tatted up and scarred to all holy heck. I can't do that though, because then those crazy tats and scars go to my clean Security guy.

So, I am cool with keeping tats/scars permanent, but it shouldn't pass over from Security to Resistance or vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
AnelaBaptiste723

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Hello,

I am a late one to the party but i am curious if it is too late to look into the tatooing, I have a couple and would really love to get tattooed in NOLA, it is the perfect place to make a new memory like that!
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Check VooDoo Tattoo on Facebook... hes our tattoo artist and I know hes taking both appointments and walk ins at the con.
Back to top Go down
http://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:55 pm

AnelaBaptiste723 wrote:
Hello,

I am a late one to the party but i am curious if it is too late to look into the tatooing, I have a couple and would really love to get tattooed in NOLA, it is the perfect place to make a new memory like that!

Yep, our lovely con president Stella is 100% correct. We are still filling pre-schedule spots for the tattoos and he will accept walk ins to fill any extra slots he has during the con. But I do recommend contacting him through their Facebook Page, or on their website and work with him on a design prior to the con, or at least get a look at his work to help your decision.
If you do end up getting a design worked out with him, you can then fill out the pre-schedule form.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey everyone! It's Miss Mindy just sending out a reminder that AAD 2012 is right around the corner (Woooohoooo!!!). Pre-scheduling is not mandatory to get a tattoo from either of the artists at the conference. We are just offering it because as we've seen in the past, the artist's schedules get filled up at the start of the con.

So even if you don't want to commit yourself by getting on my pre-schedule but still are kicking around the idea of getting one, feel free to stop by the Bourbon Suite in the hotel's lower lobby. The artists, Voodoo Charlie and Ferg, should be there by 11:00 am Tuesday - Saturday.
Back to top Go down
munchkin0952smo

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Miss Mindy, I have sent in an pre-schedule form for an appt. at any time that isn't taken up by conference activities--very open. Looking for design--haven't found anything as yet! I do apologize for being so lame navigating through this process. You have the patience of JOBE! Can't wait to meet you in NOLA!!!

Mary Smotony
MarySM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   

Back to top Go down

Tattoo Inquiries
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3