Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. Empty
PostSubject: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 am

I really enjoyed this book and the characters... I have to admit that I couldn't figure out what Nia was short for until Lucifer called her Petunia close to the end of the book. Nia and Luc were strong characters who both fought for what they wanted. I loved the fact that Nia was finally able to let herself go with Lucifer... what do you have to lose when your already going to Hell!

Lucifer's character was extremely intriguing and I thoroughly enjoyed his escapades with Nia. I was disappointed when Nia didn't recognize who Lucifer was in the beginning but I also see how it was necessary in the story. Nia had to make the discovery later to not feel like she was betrayed, and I really enjoyed when she recognized Luc for who he really was.

I enjoyed the story and was glad that Nia accepted Lucifer for himself and didn't reject him because of his title. This was a very intriguing book and I can't wait to read My Angel the second book in her Good, Bad, and Kinky series!
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 am

Pyper541 wrote:
I really enjoyed this book and the characters...

Yeah! I'm glad you liked it Very Happy Have to say, the duet started with the premise of retirement - can someone really involved in what they do, a necessity to others, ever really put the job behind them and, even more importantly, can they be replaced. I decided to take it from the YES position and see what happened. My Angel is a different premise, but another I absolutely loved writing. A life denied is hard to get a grasp of and since I like HEA, why not twist things around to make it possible?

Now, here's a little ipso facto: while Luc is one of my all time favorite heroes, Nia is one of my favorite names! Pet is a good nickname in a BDSM and Nia goes well in the work place, but Petunia is a name to hide and I thought perfect for my troubled heroine.

And, yes, God makes an appearance in both the Good Bad & Kinky erotic romances - gasp - but I never [I honestly think I can say never ever] used his name in any of the lusty moments [as in Oh God, Oh God, during a climax] and definitely can't now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tillygreene.com
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:19 pm

I really enjoyed Call Me Lucifer, very well written. I too was wondering at the beginning what Nia was short for.
I liked how Lucifer helped Nia with her insecurities and how she decided to just let go and trust him.
It was a great ending, liked how God let Lucifer retire and have his happy ending. Can't wait to read My Angel.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:41 pm

bluesun1218 wrote:
I too was wondering at the beginning what Nia was short for.

Yeah, Nia is a wonderful name on it's own, but Petunia was there first Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Tilly Greene wrote:

And, yes, God makes an appearance in both the Good Bad & Kinky erotic romances - gasp - but I never [I honestly think I can say never ever] used his name in any of the lusty moments [as in Oh God, Oh God, during a climax] and definitely can't now.

It's always better when they call out the persons name anyways!

I enjoyed how you wrote of God and the elevators that went to all realms.
I really liked that there was wine in Heaven while Hell had a variety.

I liked how she was able to remember what happened in Hell and to accept Luc's true nature and also that he was willing to give up his position for her. A Judge was definitely a good fit for him in the end.
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Pyper541 wrote:
I enjoyed how you wrote of God and the elevators that went to all realms.
That was my take on Dante's trip from Paradise and Inferno and elevators were the most expedient forms of travel. My Lucifer was a busy man and always open to modern conveniences, but even in retirement he couldn't do nothing. It didn't matter that he'd moved up to the surface, he was a mortal, and still felt duty bound to God, his friend Very Happy

Yup, they were interesting characters to work with and am pleased Luc found his HEA.
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:05 am

Thanks for joining us Mrs. Greene, we really appreciate your thoughts and answers.

You said that Luc is one of your all time favorite heroes... would you mind telling us why?
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

Pyper541 wrote:
Thanks for joining us Mrs. Greene, we really appreciate your thoughts and answers.

You said that Luc is one of your all time favorite heroes... would you mind telling us why?

Mrs. Greene? Please, darlin', it's Tilly Very Happy and entirely my pleasure to be here - love talking books!

As for why Luc is a fav, it's the same reason why I adore another hero of mine, Hamish Buchanan [from Highland Heat]. The uphill struggle they have to make for peace and contentment in themselves is huge, and I'm a proud parent in how well they turned out after all the hardship they fought through. As for Luc himself, his job was very important and took it very seriously, but the ugly evil that surrounded him never killed off his ability to love.

Yup, Luc [and Hamish] faced adversity and won the grand prize of HEA.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:47 pm

We want them to have a HEA!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I absolutely loved the fact that in the end when God is talking about reviewing applications and resumes that he says the next Prince of Darkness will be for eternity, no vacations or retirements! Must be hard to fill the position with the right person.
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 pm

WOOWOO wrote:
We want them to have a HEA!

You know me, darlin', they are most definitely happy when the book ends Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Pyper541 wrote:
Must be hard to fill the position with the right person.

Not many folks are going to submit for that job - I mean an eternity without holidays? No way! They'd have their union rep there in a heartbeat to cause a ruckus Very Happy

Ruckus?

Did I really just type ruckus?

Shocking!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 am

Tilly Greene wrote:

Not many folks are going to submit for that job - I mean an eternity without holidays? No way! They'd have their union rep there in a heartbeat to cause a ruckus Very Happy

Ruckus?

Did I really just type ruckus?

Shocking!

Yes you did! But I totally understand why!
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 am

ruckus lol!
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:02 pm

And the funny thing is, if I was talking to you in person I wouldn't of attempted to say ruckus because if I had...shiver, nope, wukus is way wong Embarassed
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:24 pm

OK tilly. If you say so.
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:24 pm

i loved this book! I loved the characters and the struggles they all faced! I can definitely see how Nia would have the trust issues being a Abandoned as an infant and why luc felt he needed to pursue them the way he did. Also the struggles God & Luc faced on Lucs retirement. I enjoyed the fact that God & Luc were friends as well, that the devil was not just this horribly evil creature that loved misery but a decent, fair judge of punishment in hell and in earth. Very Good Read!!!
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:46 pm

crystalj026 wrote:
i loved this book! I loved the characters and the struggles they all faced! I can definitely see how Nia would have the trust issues being a Abandoned as an infant and why luc felt he needed to pursue them the way he did. Also the struggles God & Luc faced on Lucs retirement. I enjoyed the fact that God & Luc were friends as well, that the devil was not just this horribly evil creature that loved misery but a decent, fair judge of punishment in hell and in earth. Very Good Read!!!

Glad you enjoyed it, darlin' Very Happy

I believed, at least for this story, that Luc no longer found it fun to torment another - hence not bringing any into the story . After all the years he'd done the job and don't it well, he'd matured, and learned what was fair. At the same time, because he'd learned and had become a better person, he couldn't remain in the job - that would've broken the new man he'd become.

Yup, fun to write a story that had Lucifer's personal growth for the better :-)

Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:50 am

Tilly Greene wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, darlin' Very Happy

I believed, at least for this story, that Luc no longer found it fun to torment another - hence not bringing any into the story . After all the years he'd done the job and don't it well, he'd matured, and learned what was fair. At the same time, because he'd learned and had become a better person, he couldn't remain in the job - that would've broken the new man he'd become

Yup, fun to write a story that had Lucifer's personal growth for the better :-)

Thanks Tilly! I definitely look forward to reading more from you!
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 pm

Tilly has lots of great reads.
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:07 am

You two definitely gave my week a great boost - thank you! Hugs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:52 am

Anytime Tilly! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.   Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Call me Lucifer by Tilly Greene (book club 8) may include spoilers.
Page 1 of 1