Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bookie Discussion thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

Bookie Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:39 am

Ok so there's been a ton of twitter discussions about who should be and who isn't nominated for a Bookie.

Lemme clear the air here. ALL NOMINATIONS WERE DONE BY FANS (and after seeing the nominations lists, by people who are trying to turn this award into a popularity contest if all the posts on FB and Twitter trolling for votes is any indication). IF SOMEONE YOU FEEL SHOULD BE NOMINATED ISN'T, THEN BE ACTIVE NEXT YEAR AND NOMINATE.

The Bookies are supposed to be for the authors by the fans. its their CHOICE to choose who they will for each category, and having authors trolling for votes takes the actual fairness out of it. Would you rather win because people voted for you purely or because you hawked your nomination to everyone that can give you a vote?

That being said, Congrats to everyone nominated, And This year's event is going to be a little bigger, longer and done during Lunch! More as things progress on that though.

So... What say you?
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Quote :
So... What say you?

I loved the ceremony last year - presenters did a great job and congrats to the winners. - and I can't wait for this one! I'm sorry to hear folks don't get it that the Bookies are done by readers who actually attended AAD - a readers convention - and are not random write ins. Respect them, their choices and votes. At the same time, readers shouldn't abuse the honor - that takes the fun out of the process and, maybe, joy of winning away from the author.

Last edited by Tilly Greene on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to finish thought.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tillygreene.com
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 pm

I was a little disappointed in the nominations on only because I procrastinated and ran out of time to actually nominate people!!! My own fault, as usually (in margaritaville my only excuse LOL) was having a difficult time finding a list of books published during the time frame since I don't generally keep up with when things are published.

My own faults aside, I think the nominations are done fairly, there are enough different blogs and room for authors to post about the nominations that each author going to NOLA and even just authors putting their stuff out there had an equal chance to get nominated!

AAD Staff is great, thanks for everything! NOLA is going to be so much FUN!!!
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:37 pm

The date bit throws me as well, mainly because I pick up a book/ebook when I find it which isn't necessarily when it's been released. In fact, it's rarely a new release - those sit around on my TBR pile forever.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 pm

all the readers had an opportunity to vote.
It was announced several times.
Back to top Go down
Tilly Greene
2012 Author
Tilly Greene

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 am

WOOWOO wrote:

I know - which is the best bit of the Bookies! It's up to the readers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stephaniemorris

stephaniemorris

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Congrats to all of the nominees!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephaniemorris.webs.com
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Tilly Greene wrote:
WOOWOO wrote:

I know - which is the best bit of the Bookies! It's up to the readers Very Happy

It is a readers con.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookie Discussion thread   Bookie Discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Bookie Discussion thread
Page 1 of 1