Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 am

Okay, it took me awhile to catch up on reading and finally get started with this book, but once I did I found it hard to put down. I loved Charlie and Hank, the entire concept of beings from planets that we've come to consider like heaven and hell was a very interesting idea to me. The off-worlders coming to our planet and becoming citizens was different but fun. I love the idea of magic in all of its forms. All I can say about Hank is that I don't think I could find myself inches from his "sarong-encased manhood" and not lick my lips, or maybe something else LOL!!!

Charlie is a stubborn, self-sufficient woman who has to do everything on her own. She sees asking for help as weakness that she can't afford. In her profession it's a bad quality, you have to work with and trust your partner. Charlie died and was then brought back to life, this process left her different and now she's trying to control her new self. Hank is her partner and also a siren, hot as hell and confident. An off-worlder who has joined the ITF to help police Earth after the revelation. Together they are trying to find out who is behind the new drug now being called "Ash" that has suddenly become a problem on Earth.

The idea that there is a police force mixed with both humans and off-worlders to protect us all is a great idea, if we were to someday face a revelation where other being came to our world we would need limits and boundaries and there would forever be people pushing both. I enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:20 pm

I really love this book! I have read all 3 books and waiting for the next one to come out. The descriptions of the different worlds and the off-worlders are great....I can totally picture them! I really like the relationship between Charlie and Hank. I do have to say that Hank is one HOT siren Wink I also liked the idea that Charlie would do anything for her child. I would too. I also liked that people from different worlds can become your "family".
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:36 pm

I really enjoyed that also, it's great when people can get past their differences and just accept one another, even better when it's literally another world.

I loved the bond Emma and Charlie had, the fact that she could draw strength from her daughter to help channel her newly accepted powers. Bryn was also another character I really enjoyed, flighty and fun but ready to kick some ass when she needs to. I really loved that all the females in this story Emma, Bryn, Zana, and Charlie were such strong characters. They were all willing to risk everything!

I can't wait to see what happens with "Will" he is also a very handsome man. I really want to know how Hank ends up also! So much still left to find out, really need to get the next book in the series!
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

I agree that the females are very strong characters. I like woman who can kick some a**, even when it isn't in their normal character. Will tries to do good he just seems to go about it in the wrong way. The bond between mom and daughter are strong, hoping that my daughter and I can have a strong bond like that.

The next two books are just as good! I didn't want them to end. study
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I have to admit i thought about skipping this book. Reading the description didn't really draw me in but i decided to go for it & I'm glad i did. The book itself sucked me in & i really enjoyed the story & characters. I agree that all the characters are very strong people, its nice to see that. The story had a lot going on a the time which i also liked. It was a good read & i loved the bonds & loyalty between the characters.
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Agree Crystal, I'm glad I read it. I love hank and Charlie's relationship. I also liked how Hank had a great sense of humor even in a serious situations. With Charlie and Will you can't help but feel the attraction between them and the desperation that Will has to be together with Charlie again. The end took a turn I wasn't expecting with Will also. I was kindof shocked there was no romance with Charlie and Hank but I loved how they were always there for each other. Of course I will probably get the next book since it left off so good.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:40 am

bluesun1218 wrote:
Agree Crystal, I'm glad I read it. I love hank and Charlie's relationship. I also liked how Hank had a great sense of humor even in a serious situations. With Charlie and Will you can't help but feel the attraction between them and the desperation that Will has to be together with Charlie again. The end took a turn I wasn't expecting with Will also. I was kindof shocked there was no romance with Charlie and Hank but I loved how they were always there for each other. Of course I will probably get the next book since it left off so good.

**SPOILER**
I know I was a little surprised there was no romance between them either. Then again when Will came back into the story I understood because they have such a magnetic force between them. I was a little shocked & upset about Will in the end but Rex was a good character as well & it's nice he is willing to pick up the place for Will. I am curious to see if the actual Will can be brought back as Charlie wishes or if something may blossom between Rex & Charlie.... Until the next book.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:36 am

Crystal, I totally agree with you, Rex was a great character and it was awesome for him to step in and help out with Emma, I can't wait to find out whether she will accept Rexs' help, send him packing or find a way to being will back?

Charlie and Will had amazing chemistry and I absolutely loved it, I hated that he resorted to selling his soul but then again if he hadn't of he would be really dead right? Everything happens for a reason and I can't wait to see how this works out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!   The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay(Book Club 12) may include spoilers!
Page 1 of 1