Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... Empty
PostSubject: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Dr. Carinian Derrickson is brilliant and an empath, she is consumed by death or rather trying to avoid it and in doing so it studying how to turn herself into a vampire... in secret of course! When Jon Bixler gets appointed as her new liaison he learns her secret but also has one of his own, he's a vampire and not just any vampire he's meant to be her mate. Good luck convincing Carinian, she's lost everyone she loved at a young age and fears death herself she doesn't think she would be right for him.

Bix is a Seeker tracking a rogue who is trying to create a biological weapon to destroy anyone who opposes him. Sparks fly from the beginning as Bix wins tries to win over Carinian's heart while trying to protect her from the danger he seems to have exposed her to.

An excellent read, my only complaint was that the bad guys were too easy to figure, which may have been a good thing because I was constantly second guessing if I was right. Altogether I really enjoyed this story and it's characters. Carinian was a very strong capable woman and the Seeker males were just plain SEXY! Definitely had a lot of fun banter to keep the story going!

Last edited by Pyper541 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm

I am sooo behind on bookclub books, with the Holidays and trying to read some of the new release that are out I don't have enough time in the day!
Carinian's Seeker was a good read, I wouldn't have guessed that Carin was trying to figure out how to become a Vamp, that just didn't pop in my head while reading. Bix and Carin made a good team against Sideon. Was glad to see him destroyed.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:43 pm

That was my take on it and why she was experimenting with her own cells combined with the fact that she was so afraid of dying...

Trust me I know it seems like I have so much going on plus there are so many good books coming out! Just trying to keep up, all the great reads though it's worth it!
Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I also am waaay behind on bookclub lol I've been behind for a while now and am reading what I can ugh! Definitely need more time in the day & extra book funds with christmas coming up so fast!!

I really enjoyed this book! I thought the story was unique & new! Pyper I agree that the villains were a little easy in this one but it was still a great story! I also liked that in this book it took some work on Bix's part for Carinian to fall for him. I feel a lot of books the women just swoon over the male way to quickly (not that that's always a bad thing). I also liked the fact that Aaron(?), Bix's partner was very protective over Carinian too.

All in all it was a great read!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:16 am

I want more Alaan! He was hot and I definitely will be picking up the second book in this series soon, can't wait to read his story!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...   Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers... Empty

Back to top Go down

Carinian's Seeker by T. J. Michaels(Book Club 21) may include spoilers...
Page 1 of 1