Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What panels do YOU want to attend?

Go down 
+15
mamakitty
TheMrs
Pickyme
WOOWOO
Melly27
trinityblacio
Pyper541
insanehussein
Sariah
RoxanneRhoads
Rita Sawyer
princesstinyfeetismar
LuciCalanor
kikigirl
StellaPrice
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
WOOWOO

What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:36 am

Miss Mindy wrote:
LuciCalanor wrote:
~A panel with authors detailing their mental relationship with their own favorite character would be really cool. But you'd have to make it sound less crazy than I did.
I really like the idea of a 'Living in the mind of the character' or a 'When characters become your friends' panel.

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
pjschnyder
AAD Staff
pjschnyder

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Heck, if the hotel allowed animals (and I'd only ever do this if the hotel was pet friendly) - I'd bring in some of my character inspirations for meet and greet.

For example, my Kaiser is a Schutzhund trained German Shepherd Dog, rescued and rehabilitated guard dog. He's not only the inspiration for characters in the Triton Experiment series and Terra's Guardiands series but also an inspiration for a character in D Renee Bagby's mind for a someday story.

Anyone who dropped by our hospitality suite party at AAD 2011 in Philly might have heard Renee telling stories about him.

But since the hotels aren't - we can only talk and maybe show videos of my character inspirations. LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://pjschnyder.com
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:48 pm

what a great idea.
What ideas inspired a story or a series.
Back to top Go down
cleopatra57

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:42 pm

I definitely like the 'what inspired' idea as a panel, & even more- the mental relationship between an author and characters (especially when a character becomes stubborn and hard to work with! lol) is such a great idea! I'd definitely love to chat/ hear more about that aspect of writing

what about talking about the process of writing a book/series- outlining and plotting (entire book/series) vs free-style writing (where some things the author hasn't even figured out yet in a series plot)? and how often the two are utilized during writing...
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 pm

maybe how these characters and story lines appear to the author.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:28 pm

How about "Writing Rituals - How an Author prepares for a day of writing"
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:40 pm

sounds good.

What does an author do when they get writer's block or a character is being stubborn about sharing himself/herself with the author?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What panels do YOU want to attend?   What panels do YOU want to attend? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What panels do YOU want to attend?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3