Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers

Go down 
+5
Sariah
WOOWOO
bluesun1218
cleopatra57
Pyper541
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WOOWOO

A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Pyper541 wrote:
Did you read the book woowoo?
possibly.
But I like to read and refresh myself as a reminder of the book
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Woowoo, I agree had to re-read it before the discussion, didn't mind at all though because this is an amazing series.

Kikigirl, I started with the VQ series also, all of Joey's characters are very real and extremely easy to relate to. I love the fact that in reading her books you find references to other books, her characters also tend to find ways to interact.

I enjoy Joey's writing of Her presence, all interactions with the Lady were written very well in my opinion, and I absolutely love the theory that She has a Lord, especially when you find who her counterpoint is... Gotta love the fact that Jonah finds it amusing that they would argue! And even if they are angels its nice to think the the Lady has a sense of humor and can be talked to on a real level.

Anna is a "gift" to Jonah and what better gift than that of Love, I like that in Joey's books the characters seem to find their soul mates. She does this in a very real way it's not the sappy kind of romance, there are struggles and always doubts. The emotional content is never missing in Joey's books.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks Pyper, its nice to know that you reread, too.

Back to top Go down
crystalj026

crystalj026

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

This is the first book I have read of Joey's but I have to admit I really enjoyed it. She uses amazing detail in her writing and the characters are so emotional in themselves. I loved that they were struggling with their own personal conflicts as well as the conflict they're facing together.
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 pm

This is an excellent series, A Witch's Beauty which is the next book in the series is the story of Mina and David. In the end of A Mermaid's Kiss its said that they Angels are going to be monitoring Mina, for both her protection and theirs. As Mina and David have already had a few encounters it becomes his job to take over.

This is a very exciting story as they end up on a long and difficult journey. Mina is always fighting the darkness within and having Angels close by sets her off balance. Her struggles with herself and her enemies make for a very epic battle both physically and emotionally.

This is another example of Joey's talent, she brings these characters back to life and tells an amazing tale! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who liked A Mermaid's Kiss!
bounce
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:17 pm

thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Congratulations to Joey W. Hill for winning 5 AAD Bookie Awards! queen

Author of the Year

M/M Novel of the Year - Vampire Trinity

Erotica Novel of the Year - Vampire Trinity

BDSM Short Story of the Year - Honor Bound

Paranormal Menage of the Year - Vampire Trinity

I haven't personally read Honor Bound but I do recommend Vampire Trinity as well as the rest of the series... If you liked A Mermaid's Kiss and you enjoy vampires your going to LOVE this series, A Vampire Queen's Servant is the first book! Absolutely Amazing!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I will have to check out Vampire Trinity, Love Vamp books! Congrats to everyone who won an award.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I agree Congrats to all the winners!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Bluesun, Vampire Trinity is actually the 6th book in the series and the second book for the Characters. If your going to start I would either start at the beginning of the series with The Vampire Queens Servant or at least start with Vampire Mistress which is the start of Vampire Trinity.
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info Pyper, I haven't had a chance yet to check them out.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Danielle18

Danielle18

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I know this is a little off topic but I'm looking for suggestions on which Joey Hill novel to read first. I've never read anything by her before and I wanted to read at least one before the conference. I own A Mermaid's Kiss and Vampire Queen's Servant. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sandy
AAD Staff
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Danielle18,

I love every series Joey W. Hill has to offer. I think it is a great idea to read some of Joey's books before you meet her. It is a matter of your preference but no matter what you pick you will not be disappointed with either book and/or series. Check out her site.
Joey W. Hill

I started with Joey's Vampire Queen series first and have been a joeyholic ever since. Hahahaha. Happy Reading

Back to top Go down
Danielle18

Danielle18

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks Sandy,
I think I've decided that I'm going to start out with her Vampire Queen series as well. Thanks for the advice. I'm super excited about the convention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Sorry ladies it's really been awhile, so much going on!

Danielle18 the Vampire Queen Series is also where I started, it's an excellent series and there are 8 books so far so it will keep you busy for awhile. You should definitely check out the jwhconnection there are so many good books and awesome vignettes so you can get to know the characters a little watch out for spoilers though!

I also really enjoyed the Mermaid series as you can probably tell from my previous posts, I just don't think you can go wrong with Joey's books!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers    A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill(Book Club 1) read at your own risk... may include spoilers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2