Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I want to Cry my beautiful post

Go down 
+2
pjschnyder
PRationality
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PRationality

PRationality

I want to Cry my beautiful post Empty
PostSubject: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:28 am

Crying or Very sad I had this gorgeous, long post detailing all about me, my blog, my interests...it was witty and funny and awesome...

and the forum refreshed for no reason I could understand! Mad

So...y'all don't get the long-winded version since I don't feel like filling it out again and I want to get back to reading.

Facts:
Name: Lexie
Blog: Poisoned Rationality
Twitter: PRationality
Six True Facts:
  1. Oldest of four (1 brother, 2 sisters) which means I'm used to being reliable, blamed for everything and handing out cash like I'm Lexie the ATM.
  2. I own 1600+ books in English alone (this includes my graphic novels). I've read about 75% of them, about 20% are graphic novels, 10% are 'fandom' books like companion/essay books, and another 10% are mythology/fairy tales/Greek Tragedies.
  3. I am a gamer--I play primarily console RPG's like Kingdom Hearts or Persona, but I love old school games (and machines) like Mario Brothers, Sonic and Zelda (I just suck at them). I also love card games and board games.
  4. I cook and bake--a lot. I'm responsible for most of the cooking in my house (I live w/my dad, brother, sister and Uncle) and I somehow got snookered into making lunch and dessert for my coworkers at least once a week. I tend to also somehow end up feeding half my siblings' friends each week. Depending on who you ask I either am a Grade A chef or a Grade F chump who shouldn't butter bread.
  5. For father-daughter bonding my dad and I watch TV or movies together, or play the occasional Mystery game. For extra fun we will play 'Dub the Stupid' in which we choose a B-rated horror movie ('Slaughter Studios' or 'Night of the Demons') and mute the voices while we dub what we THINK they're saying. Usually at 3am after too much sugar.
  6. I adore Asian Dramas--Mischievous Princess, Meteor Garden, Successful Story of Bright Girl, Full House, Maou, Chinese Paladin 3...I love all these shows so much. So drama-filled, so angsty, SO MUCH FUN.

Favorites:
Historical Romance - Sabrina Jeffries, Sarah MacLean, Jeanne Savery, Janette Oke, Jeannie Lin
Paranormal Romance - Bianca D'Arc, Molly Harper, Emma Lai, Marjorie M. Liu
Urban Fantasy - Ilona Andrews, HP Mallory, Rachel Caine, Rachel Vincent
Fantasy - Brandon Sanderson, Andrea K. Host, Brent Weeks, NK Jemisin, Celine Kiernan
Young Adult - Dom Testa, Shannon Delany, Louise Lawrence, Christy Trujillo
Japanese Novelists - Fuyumi Ono, Mizuki Nomura, Yukako Kabei, Shoji Gatoh
Crossover - Leanna Renee Hieber, Maria V. Snyder, Linnea Sinclair, GA Aiken
Graphic Novels - CLAMP, Yumi Tamura, Hiromu Arakawa, Kaoru Mori, Mi-Kyung Yun, Svetlana Chmakova, WANN

This isn't an exhaustive list by any means, but its a pretty good indication of what I will suggest if you ask me for a recommendation. As you can see I like being thorough was I list my likes out Very Happy

Ahh...feel free to ask me questions!

Lexie
Back to top Go down
http://www.prationality.com
pjschnyder
AAD Staff
pjschnyder

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 am

Welcome Lexie! Sorry about your previous post but this one gives us a solid introduction to you.

I enjoy Kingdom Hearts too, as well as anime and manga.

Enjoy the forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pjschnyder.com
PRationality

PRationality

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 am

lol Well I managed to condense all the relevant information well then! Sadly all that got left out was my dry humor, witty repartee and insanity...

no wait that might be a good thing after all...

:whistles:

Lexie
Back to top Go down
dianacastilleja
2012 Author
dianacastilleja

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Lexie! Smile Good intro post, regardless.
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Welcome Lexie!

Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for sharing some info about you.
welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
PRationality

PRationality

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:52 pm

:peace sign: Thanks guys! You'd never guess it from meeting me in RL, but I generally like expo using on things I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:08 am

Hi Lexie! Can't wait to see you at AAD 2012.
When I used to have time, I was a gamer too (loved Fable II, but was an old EverQuest and World of Warcraft addict), but then I quit my corporate job and went back to school. Now school seems to have eaten up all my old gaming time. LOL
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

school does that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to Cry my beautiful post   I want to Cry my beautiful post Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to Cry my beautiful post
Page 1 of 1