Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber(Book Club 22) may include spoilers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber(Book Club 22) may include spoilers Empty
PostSubject: The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber(Book Club 22) may include spoilers   The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber(Book Club 22) may include spoilers EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:31 am

Although I found this book a little slow to start I thoroughly enjoyed it... I loved "The Guard" their personalities, familiarity, and strength. I was also pleased with the reference to Jack the Ripper as an unsuspecting twist. This book had strong female and male characters and once I was able to dedicate time to it I was not disappointed.

The Guard are the protectors of the veil between the worlds. Six souls who were inhabited by spirits of old who help to keep the balance after an age old battle. A God scorned, a Goddess tricked and a Pheonix who was punished, this myth and the descriptions of past and present combined for a great read.

Percy is an incredibly strange woman who wants to learn in a time when women are meant to just be wed but due to her unique qualities believes she will never find love. When she meets Professor Alexi Rychman she is immediately infatuated with him. Being that he is her Professor it is a fantasy that can never be voiced and most certainly never be acted upon... The Headmistress is also infatuated with Alexi which most definitely complicates things. I found myself wondering if love will forever be a cause for just more trouble in this book and if anyone would truly end up with their HEA!
Back to top Go down

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber(Book Club 22) may include spoilers
Page 1 of 1