Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tattoo Inquiries

Go down 
+13
Ann Mayburn
cleopatra57
Jae Lynne Davies
trinityblacio
dianacastilleja
Sariah
WOOWOO
KellyS
Miss Mindy
StellaPrice
bluesun1218
Melly27
Pyper541
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:06 am

Well since the thread was posted I think I'll ask, does the tattoo artist free hand or trace? I've been wanting a tattoo for awhile so if I could talk with the artist and have a drawing of what I think I'd like by the artist before hand I would definitely like to get a tattoo in NOLA! Is the artist going to be commenting in this thread?
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 am

that's a great question I have a photo of what I want to get while in NOLA also soo I need to know if I need to have a line drawing done or if he will do that then tattoo.. Looking forward to getting my NOLA tattoo
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:32 am

Can't wait to get tattooed in NOLA, I have mine picked out too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 am

Mindy, my Tattoo liaison, will be talking to you guys shortly about all of this stuff. There will be a form to fill out for you to get the ball rolling but I believe that while he does do freehand (like Kelly Smith's piece he drew right on her food) because its the con you guys have to remember that hes going to be working a lot and that the more time he takes with you (set up design acceptance, talking, etc) is going to cost you a lot more for the piece.

Suggestions? Have an idea of what you want, a picture to go off of, and a idea of what you want to spend.

that will help. Gladly.
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 am

Oh and BTW, Voodoo and the gang (there will be 4 artists) probably WONT be on here at all as they are working artists.

Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi guys, like Stella said, Voodoo does both freehand and transfer from a paper sketch. He's that talented.
Also as Stella stated, Voodoo and his partner get booked up fast, so I always recomend working with him on an agreed upon design before the con. I am getting a list of everything he needs from you when working with him. Once I get that info and the way he would prefer to be contacted for these requests, I'll post it to this topic.
So get your creative juices started! Smile
Back to top Go down
KellyS
AAD Staff
KellyS

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Just though I'd post to show how good he is Twisted Evil The faerie was a pic I brought him, the tree he drew free hand!
Tattoo Inquiries 18351611Tattoo Inquiries 18872111
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

that gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:24 pm

That SWEET
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Can't wait, I'm dyin' for a new tat!
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:07 pm

very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Wow! That tattoo turned out really nice. I was really thinking about getting another tattoo while down there.
Back to top Go down
dianacastilleja
2012 Author
dianacastilleja

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Wowzer! That looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:31 pm

So Voodoo gave me some preliminary information:
  • He agrees that as quickly as they have booked up the previous years, it is in your best interest to work on a design with the tattoo artists prior to the start of the convention.

• He will need to know the approximate size and placing and if you will want color or black and gray.

• There will be a total of 3 - 4 tattoo artists at AAD 2012, he will be bringing some of the artists he works with.

• He wont be able to provide an estimate cost with out an idea of design, but base minimum for a tattoo will be $65 and up.

• You can friend the tattoo shop on Facebook to contact him.

• You can check out photos of their work on Facebook, or on their website.

• After you have worked with the artist who will be tattooing you to agree on a design, you can GO HERE to per-register for a spot in their schedule.
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:48 pm

thanks for all the info Miss Mindy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks Miss Mindy waiting on him to accept my friend request soo I can get my appt set up now I know what I want and have the photo for him to go by and I know I want color I have planed this tattoo out for a year.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:02 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
Oh and BTW, Voodoo and the gang (there will be 4 artists) probably WONT be on here at all as they are working artists.

Yes hmm got to think! Mind's working.

trinity bounce
Back to top Go down
http://trinityblacio.com
Sariah

Sariah

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I think I have something in mind, just have to work out the details.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Keep in mind that even if you have some vague, basic ideas, you can still contact Voodoo. He's a creative genius who might have some suggestions for ya. He's the one that came up with the freehand tree on Kelly's leg when she pointed out to him that she wanted to cover up an old tattoo next to the farie he was doing. She knew she wanted something like that, and he ran with the idea.
Back to top Go down
Jae Lynne Davies
AAD Staff
Jae Lynne Davies

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 am

To ink, or NOT to ink? Damn, Voodoo can be SO convincing! I really need to think about this for next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaelynnedavies.com
Miss Mindy
AAD Staff
Miss Mindy

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 am

I've already got an idea brewing in my head and kicking it around with Voodoo. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 am

Wow! Miss Mindy did her homework!
Back to top Go down
trinityblacio

trinityblacio

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 am

[quote="Miss Mindy"]I've already got an idea brewing in my head and kicking it around with Voodoo. Twisted Evil [/quote

Yep sent my pictures to him this morning. Two which I haven't decided on yet. The one I've wanted for a while, the second one is one I just found which I might do a costume around for the fairy Ball at RT next year. Haven't decided yet though. scratch
So we'll see.

Trinity
Back to top Go down
http://trinityblacio.com
WOOWOO

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am

good luck
Back to top Go down
KellyS
AAD Staff
KellyS

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:33 pm

LOL, I have to go visit him this winter to start mine, then he can do the finish up in NOLA. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tattoo Inquiries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoo Inquiries   Tattoo Inquiries Empty

Back to top Go down

Tattoo Inquiries
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Authors After Dark :: Incidentals :: Tattoo Inquiries-
Jump to: