Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... Empty
PostSubject: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:08 am

I definitely enjoyed the world and characters explored in this book. It took a young girl and transformed her into an intriguing woman. Jane True has been the for lack of a better term black sheep of the town. Discriminated against for an accident that happened while she was a teenager and for being abandoned by her mother. All things completely out of her control but held against her by most of the town. Jane lacks self confidence and respect, she also has a secret... which comes as a surprise to even her!

Ryu is a Baobhan Sith or Vampire who is sent to Rockabill to investigate the murder of a half-ling, during his investigation he is introduced to Jane who was the one to discover the body. They begin working together and sparks fly, the investigation eventually leads to Jane's introduction to the Supernatural world and the Alfar Compound.

Explore a world behind the scenes of the human world with Vampires, Succubi, Shifters, and Alfar(elves) and that's just naming a few. I'll definitely be checking out the sequel when I get caught up!
Back to top Go down
FreeSpirit

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:23 am

This book was my first encounter with Scottish Mythology. It is the little towns that have the best secrets and Rockabill is one of those towns. I love all the characters mythical and human and halfling. Everyone should have friends like Tracy, Grizzie, Iris and of course Anyan and his kitchen stove. Tracy's discovery of not only bodies but of who she is, is an exciting adventure. You will love this book. I have all of Jane True's story so far. Can't wait for the next "Tempests Fury". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:01 am

I have so much to catch up on but I will definitely be reading the rest of this series when I get time. I want to learn more about Anyan, I really want his story. Tracy, Grizzy, and Iris helped make this book more real for me, I too agree that everyone needs friends like them.
Back to top Go down
FreeSpirit

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:24 am

I love the idea of your book club Pyper. The only problem is if I get sucked into the story I can't stop Twisted Evil I have to continue the series. This was one of those stories. cheers Now I have to get back to your list. Thanks for the work your doing!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 am

This is definitely something I'm going to have to finish also, just have so much to do, thanks for commenting.

Who was your favorite character?
Back to top Go down
FreeSpirit

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 am

My favorite character from this book is Jane herself. She has had a tough time and now she has found another body! The first body is that of her friend and love. She blames herself for his death. If she would have only trusted him enough to tell him her secret. Her life has become pretty much just a routine.

Now she finds a second body in her private hide out. This one is of a person like her. Only she doesn't realize how much like her he is. Her secret is about to become less of a burden when she finds out quite a bit more about herself and of course the mother, who is a Selkie, that left her when she was a child.

It turns out Rockabill is a town with a lot of people with the same secret. They have been waiting to welcome Jane into their community. They didn't want it to be like this but you know how that goes.

She starts out a strong character in some ways but also beaten down a bit. In this part her new found knowledge along with some new experiences make her stronger, wiser. But now she has new secrets. But she can share them with some of the people in her life she is not shouldering the whole thing by herself. But you know what happens when your keeping a secret with a barghast from the vampire your sleeping with. Janes story only gets better!

sorry if this is hard to follow I don't want to give too much away. It is a great story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...   Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler(Book Club 25) may include spoilers...
Page 1 of 1