Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyper541

Pyper541

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... Empty
PostSubject: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...   Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 pm

I enjoyed how this book focused on more than one "being" the main character was half vampire half mage and in the beginning was only accepting of her vampire side since they "raised" her... well they may have kept her but they never accepted her. Sabina was brought up to be an assasin for the Dominea, she was never really accepted because of her mage heritage and in turn also never accepted that part of herself.

I liked the conflict and can't wait to read more of Sabina's series. I really want to find out if she's able to embrace her other heritage and accept who she is! Definitely a lot to be said about this book!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW

PostSubject: Re: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...   Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Ooh, I love this series. It raises so many interesting ideas and twists, and did it right from the start. I mean, a book that starts off with the main character killing someone (and not really for good reasons) really lets you know you'll be in for quite a ride. She keeps trying to do the best she can, but things always seem to turn out wrong in some way. Throughout this book (and the second), you see her character grow and develop in such wonderful ways. I can't wait for the third (I think it comes out in January).
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...   Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm

I still need to read the 2nd but I definitely enjoyed this book, you just never knew where she would end up. It kept me guessing, I didn't like the Grandmother though, there's being a bitch and then there's being a heartless bitch... just because you're a vampire doesn't mean you have to be a cold heartless bitch to everyone!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...   Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I agree the book was great! I was kind of surprised at how the book started off with her killing her friend. But once her grandmother was introduced and I learned how Sabina had been lied to her entire life and how dedicated she was to the Dominea I understood more.
I hope to see Sabina explore the Mage half of herself and hope to find out about the owl!
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...   Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers... Empty

Back to top Go down

Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells(book club 15) may include spoilers...
Page 1 of 1