Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about the event?

Go down 
+22
coversbyrobin
pjschnyder
RoxanneRhoads
elphingirl
Melly27
dianacastilleja
KayleighJamison
Proud Bookworm
bluesun1218
Darci
Pyper541
cleopatra57
princesstinyfeetismar
bookworm2011
Alexandra O'Hurley
LuciCalanor
WOOWOO
kikigirl
Sariah
Jenren
TheMrs
StellaPrice
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Darci

Questions about the event? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm

bluesun1218 wrote:
Darci wrote:
Does anyone know if potentially there will be some good looking men to look at? Im just saying!

lol... It would be nice to see some of the gorgeous cover models there wouldn't it?! Twisted Evil

Now that would be great!!!!! I would love to run my hands down their chest!! Mmmmmm! Wink lol
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm

No cover models.

EVER>

Cover models take away from the focus which is the readers and the authors talking about books. Sweaty Man flesh... NO NO for AAD. And trust me when I tell you that they are all a bunch of STD bags who are grimey and grody. Trust Me, I know.
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:10 pm

if you want cover models, go to ROMANTICON or RT... neither are as cheap and you dont get as much goodies either...

So its a trade off...
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Nah I would rather come to AAD!!!!

Plus I am sure I will see enough guys when we are out and about!! Sariah---- you can stop rolling your eyes! Wink
Back to top Go down
KayleighJamison
2012 Author
KayleighJamison

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:40 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
No cover models.

EVER>

Cover models take away from the focus which is the readers and the authors talking about books. Sweaty Man flesh... NO NO for AAD. And trust me when I tell you that they are all a bunch of STD bags who are grimey and grody. Trust Me, I know.

The day cover models start spreading their sleaze at AAD is the day I stop going. They may look pretty on our covers, but their personalities, in my experience, leave a lot to desire as does their behavior. And in person they rarely look even half as good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kayleighjamison.com
dianacastilleja
2012 Author
dianacastilleja

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 pm

KayleighJamison wrote:
StellaPrice wrote:
No cover models.

EVER>

The day cover models start spreading their sleaze at AAD is the day I stop going. They may look pretty on our covers, but their personalities, in my experience, leave a lot to desire as does their behavior. And in person they rarely look even half as good.

*cof* Airbrushing *ducks back out*
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Darci----maybe you should just stick to reading the books......lol......just use your imagination.....lol Wink
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm

yes. and someone need to teach them that Astringent is their friend... LORD in heaven!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:22 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
No cover models.

EVER>

ew, gross. never mind on that thought pale
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:30 am

Remember - Cameras lie.

I think the most horrifying thing about the cover models at RT was watching otherwise sensible women act incredibly un-sensibly around them as if there was some kind of reflected glory to be gained.

You want pretty men, get a calendar. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalromancebookclub.net
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:30 am

Okay so I have a question about 2012 con my sister wants to come with me to NOLA but not attend the con so would we have to pay for a double rate room or single rate I'm not really sure how are this works it will be my first one and I am so happy to be going. also need help with ideas no how to dress up for the ball... Surprised [i]
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

Double rate room. As you are not sleeping in the same bed. its the same rate.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Thanks for the info. looking forward to going and she will just have to pay up more money.. Lol she is just coming soo I wont be alone out of state..
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Sariah wrote:
Darci----maybe you should just stick to reading the books......lol......just use your imagination.....lol Wink

Ya I think I will just stick to reading for right now.......but I will keep looking. No harm in looking Smile
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 am

i can't wait for the registration to start.

one big question!!

When can we make the reservations for the room?
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 am

You can do everything once registration open.s

s
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Well seriously....cant a woman imagine. The books are great but im still going to imagine.
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I read somewhere that there would be lots of free books a tthe convention. Im wonder how much lots means. Just trying to prepare!
Back to top Go down
dianacastilleja
2012 Author
dianacastilleja

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:58 pm

There is appx 5000 for the entire con, not counting the book signing, I believe. (But even if it is included you're still looking at well over 4000 books to hand out.) I'm taking an extra overnighter/suitcase since I'm flying.
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Holy crap thats a lot of books......hmm.......I hope my cousin has room in her bag!
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:22 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
You can do everything once registration open.s

s

Okay cool thanks so much
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Darci wrote:
Holy crap thats a lot of books......hmm.......I hope my cousin has room in her bag!
Hi hi I saw in one of the earlier threads that they will be offering prepaid mailing boxes.... I plan bring one myself....
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm

LOL well I'm driving in soo I should be okay.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Melly27 wrote:

Yes but i am flying in
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:46 pm

elphingirl wrote:
Melly27 wrote:

Yes but i am flying in
LOL yes I know and I can't wait the drive should be loads of fun.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about the event?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next