Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions about the event?

Go down 
+22
coversbyrobin
pjschnyder
RoxanneRhoads
elphingirl
Melly27
dianacastilleja
KayleighJamison
Proud Bookworm
bluesun1218
Darci
Pyper541
cleopatra57
princesstinyfeetismar
bookworm2011
Alexandra O'Hurley
LuciCalanor
WOOWOO
kikigirl
Sariah
Jenren
TheMrs
StellaPrice
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

Questions about the event? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Alexandra O'Hurley wrote:
And I just registered, but apparently, I had not signed in again Sad I am Oh Alex. Wondered why it was asking me for a name. Forum FAIL. Forums and I don't get along.

AAD's hotel for 2012 is 119 a night DOUBLE occupancy. Its actually the cheapest room rate NOLA has ever given for a con centered on bourbon of our size. This doesnt include Suites (which have their own price, and limited availability)

And just and FYI... AAD is where you get more bang for your buck. AAD is cheaper, FEEDS you actual edible meals, you get More books and goodies free and theres no "looking" for people. Everyone knows the event is about the readers and authors interacting. Authors dont hide at AAD like they do at RT... because AAD is a lot less assuming.
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:34 am

You know... Authors hiding was not my experience at RT...

I felt like they hunted me through the hotel like big game. But then, I think there were only about 50-100 "Readers" at the con the year I went. The large "Reader" activities were usually stuffed full of authors and aspiring authors, and the smaller ones were only about 40 people.

Personally, I don't want to have to flee to my room to keep people from trying to pitch their writing to me. I'm a reader, not an editor or agent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalromancebookclub.net
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm

StellaPrice wrote:
Alexandra O'Hurley wrote:
And I just registered, but apparently, I had not signed in again Sad I am Oh Alex. Wondered why it was asking me for a name. Forum FAIL. Forums and I don't get along.

AAD's hotel for 2012 is 119 a night DOUBLE occupancy. Its actually the cheapest room rate NOLA has ever given for a con centered on bourbon of our size. This doesnt include Suites (which have their own price, and limited availability)

And just and FYI... AAD is where you get more bang for your buck. AAD is cheaper, FEEDS you actual edible meals, you get More books and goodies free and theres no "looking" for people. Everyone knows the event is about the readers and authors interacting. Authors dont hide at AAD like they do at RT... because AAD is a lot less assuming.

The meals are filling and delicious!
Back to top Go down
princesstinyfeetismar
AAD Staff
princesstinyfeetismar

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

stella is so johnny on the spot with her answers........good job pumpkin
Back to top Go down
Alexandra O'Hurley

Alexandra O'Hurley

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for all the info. I have only attended one convention and had a great time, but want to get out and network a little.

But I would never hunt down readers. Ick. Sorry you had that experience.

I have a story on my backburner (although I hope to have it completed by AAD 2012) that has part of it's backdrop in NOLA....plus it's on my bucket list of places to visit. My 15 year old is mad at me because she wants to come with and can't. A few more years and she can come to them all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alexandraohurley.com
bookworm2011

bookworm2011

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:05 pm

I think New Orleans is such a great backdrop for paranormal stories. It's going to be super going on the fieldtrips with the authors.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:15 pm

She'll be old enough soon.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra O'Hurley

Alexandra O'Hurley

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeaaahh....I told her she could become my assistant on convention trips once she turned 18 and she told me she wasn't going to the icky sex parties EVER. LOL Glad she has such a great view of mom's career choice.

She'll change her tune when a very awesome trip comes up I'm sure and I shall have a LOT of fun making her eat her words Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.alexandraohurley.com
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Heh.

Don't tell her that the icky sex parties get more fun. She'll figure it out on her own when she's older.
Back to top Go down
princesstinyfeetismar
AAD Staff
princesstinyfeetismar

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:17 pm

icky sex parties......that's awesome. and here I was calling them play parties....
Back to top Go down
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm reminded of a quote.

"Sex is wet. If you're not ready to get wet, don't have sex."

I suppose "wet" could equate to "icky"...
Back to top Go down
princesstinyfeetismar
AAD Staff
princesstinyfeetismar

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:47 pm

I prefer sticky......yeah sticky
Back to top Go down
LuciCalanor

LuciCalanor

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Wonderfully messy if you do it right....just sayin'....

Kisses, Hugs and Spanx,
Luci
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:42 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I know that it is a ways off but i was wondering how much does registration cost? Maybe ballpark figure.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:48 pm

good question, though
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Not telling yet. But it WILL be under 200$.

Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 pm

Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Under $200 I can handle......I thought it was going to be way more since I read somewhere that it included some meals.
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 pm

LOL HELL NO! we arent Romantic Times! AAD registration includes ALL your meals for the con (for 2012 its 3 lunches, a Dinner, a breakfast sunday and a Welcome event Wed. night)

Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks Stella! Much appreciated!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cleopatra57

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm with Sariah, I thought registration would be way more expensive b/c of the included meals (which I think is awesome for AAD to include)!
Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm

So probably a stupid question but my job is not very flexible at times and I would like to attend the convention but what would the cancellation policy be since you have to sign up in 2011 for the 2012 convention, not sure if I could get the vacation that far in advance
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Not a stupid Question.

Refunds till the first of July. after that no refunds.

Back to top Go down
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, what is the capacity for the convention in 2012?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about the event?   Questions about the event? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about the event?
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next