Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Masquerade Ball

Go down 
+24
Sidney
Boone Brux
Lacie Nation
KittyKelly
EdenBradley-EveBerlin
PRationality
coversbyrobin
elphingirl
Melly27
Darci
bookworm2011
bluesun1218
Pyper541
cleopatra57
StellaPrice
KellyS
RoxanneRhoads
Sariah
kikigirl
WOOWOO
LuciCalanor
princesstinyfeetismar
pjschnyder
Wicked Lil Pixie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Melly27

Melly27

Masquerade Ball - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm planing on going to the ball with my bestie and we need help with what to wear like I know it a ghostly theme but do we have like an era we are going for. I have a purple corset I need help with what kind of bottom to pair with it. Thanks I need all the help in the world ladies this will be my very first con ever.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Melly27 wrote:
I'm planing on going to the ball with my bestie and we need help with what to wear like I know it a ghostly theme but do we have like an era we are going for. I have a purple corset I need help with what kind of bottom to pair with it. Thanks I need all the help in the world ladies this will be my very first con ever.. Shocked

Ya I am having a hard time with this too! I have never been to a masquerade ball before. I am glad that I have a year to get my outfit all together. I really can't wait for pictures to be posted from this years ball. Smile
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm sure there will be some fantastic outfits.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 pm

WooWoo will u be posting photos from this years ball for people to see??? What a Face
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 pm

Melly27 wrote:
WooWoo will u be posting photos from this years ball for people to see??? What a Face

I am so technology lacking. I'll attempt it.
I had to have my niece help with an email attachment.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 pm

LOL okay well maybe she will help u with this also but no worries if u can't.. Smile
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:57 pm

OK, no pressure right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:04 pm

right none what so ever... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 pm

So did we ever figure out if we had to wear certain attire. I mean I have never been to one either and would hate not to fit in.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 pm

I think the dress up is optional but I am planning to dress up for the ball..
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm

I make costume regularly for anime-eques events and one later this year I will be dressing as a witch of some kind... Well to be specific it's the picture that is my avatar.... Hopefully I can make something for the mask...
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 pm

that's some outfit.
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:32 am

WOOWOO wrote:
that's some outfit.

yeah she is awesome.... she is from a webcomic series called Homestuck.... the basis of the character is that she is at her final incarnation called the god tier.... she is Jade Harley aka the witch of space... she can teleport herself and other people through space and time... mostly from one place to another....
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 am

elphingirl wrote:
WOOWOO wrote:
that's some outfit.

yeah she is awesome.... she is from a webcomic series called Homestuck.... the basis of the character is that she is at her final incarnation called the god tier.... she is Jade Harley aka the witch of space... she can teleport herself and other people through space and time... mostly from one place to another....

WOW! I never heard of that comic.
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I can't help but wonder what the prize is for the winner and runner ups for the masquerade, also can someone tell me what it means in the 1st message when it says, echo's court coming soon? Can't wait to get registered so I can start on my costume!
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 pm

??
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Wicked Lil Pixie wrote:
Friday Night From 9pm-12am

ECHOES OF NEW ORLEANS masquerade with the masquerade court, lead by the amazing Joey W. Hill!

Ghosts of the old world, be they real or imaginary come out for a ball honoring them! Remnants, Voodoo queens, zombies, politicians, historical figures and of course, book characters will fill our most hallowed of ballrooms for a night of revelry, debauchery and mischief!

Huge prize for the best costume, as well as two runner ups! Let your freak flag fly in the Big Easy, and honor those that have helped to make the city infamous!

Echoes Court coming soon

^^ just curious what the prize might be for best costume and runner ups and at the end says, echoes court coming soon?^ Do u know what that means?
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 pm

oh wait think I got it, The Author that will be attending. I think scratch
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 pm

bluesun1218 wrote:
Wicked Lil Pixie wrote:
Friday Night From 9pm-12am

ECHOES OF NEW ORLEANS masquerade with the masquerade court, lead by the amazing Joey W. Hill!

Ghosts of the old world, be they real or imaginary come out for a ball honoring them! Remnants, Voodoo queens, zombies, politicians, historical figures and of course, book characters will fill our most hallowed of ballrooms for a night of revelry, debauchery and mischief!

Huge prize for the best costume, as well as two runner ups! Let your freak flag fly in the Big Easy, and honor those that have helped to make the city infamous!

Echoes Court coming soon

^^ just curious what the prize might be for best costume and runner ups and at the end says, echoes court coming soon?^ Do u know what that means?

I also was wondering the same thing and can't wait till the 6th to register for the con I got the top of my outfit for the ball but go to work on the skirt that will go good with a purple and black corset.. Me and E are thinking of things to do but nothing is set in stone yet but would really love to know what the Echoes Court is myself.. Smile
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Is your costume going to follow a book character, zombie, ghost, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm really sure yet I was think of going dead Victorian Lady but will shall see... I know when I was looking into NOLA they was a lot of stuff on the big over the top parties the Victorian era had soo that's a place to start if ur needing help with what to do.. Smile
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

I am so read for registration to open! Can't wait to start putting together a costume, 3 more weeks bounce
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

bounce Soo can't wait... bounce
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:09 pm

the time will be here soon.
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

maybe prizes are gift certificates?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Ball   Masquerade Ball - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Masquerade Ball
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next