Authors After Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAD's Home For Attendees And Authors Alike!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ

Go down 
+27
musette
mstiggerlicious
stephaniemorris
Lacie Nation
Ann Mayburn
coversbyrobin
Miss Mindy
PRationality
Spaz
elphingirl
trinityblacio
Melly27
Darci
bluesun1218
Pyper541
cleopatra57
Sariah
RoxanneRhoads
princesstinyfeetismar
StellaPrice
loajayne
WOOWOO
AvaRileyRomance
Jenren
bookworm2011
kikigirl
pjschnyder
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
WOOWOO

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:28 pm

trinityblacio wrote:
WOOWOO wrote:
they don't wait for anything do they.
Even funerals.

Nope they held my cousins dad's body for over two months because they were 100 short till finally they asked my mom for the money so they could bury their dad. And they are not the only ones who are in the same boat there are a lot of people out there who can't do anything. That's why I always prepare as much as I can.

Trinity

money grabbers.
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm

WOOWOO wrote:
trinityblacio wrote:
WOOWOO wrote:
they don't wait for anything do they.
Even funerals.

Nope they held my cousins dad's body for over two months because they were 100 short till finally they asked my mom for the money so they could bury their dad. And they are not the only ones who are in the same boat there are a lot of people out there who can't do anything. That's why I always prepare as much as I can.

Trinity

money grabbers.

Blasphemy....
Back to top Go down
http://elphingirl.deviantart.com/
Darci

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:51 pm

trinityblacio wrote:
Question waves hand cheers do we know how much registration will be for New Orleans I want to make sure I have enough put away for it when registration opens up on the first day! I've just paid for Rom Fest. I pay for all the registrations then I start paying the hotel a head of time so all I have to do is bring money for spending and food. And I want to bring a lot of money to New Orleans!!
Trinity

Thanks. That is a great idea.....I'm going to do this I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

wonderful idea, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 pm

It is. I am so excited for this
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 pm

lots to think about and plan and save $$
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Oh I know. I did it this year with the con I went to in July I can do it for next year
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Yeah the saving is killin me but I want to have enough money while in NOLA next year I just know I have to come back with one hell of a gift for my hubby and daughter both their birthdays are in August..
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 pm

there are lots of souvenirs to buy. Tons of shops.
Back to top Go down
Melly27

Melly27

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah that's what I hoping for got to suck up ig time hubby is getting me the con for my b-day gift... Smile
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:28 pm

lots of accessories.
Back to top Go down
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kikigirl

kikigirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 am

Someone asked how much AAD2012 is going to be... Stella announced that it's going to be $190...

but on the bright side, the NOLA hotel is being much more upfront and won't stiff Stella for room costs or schedule out from under the con. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.paranormalromancebookclub.net
elphingirl

elphingirl

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 am

One Hundred and ninety dollars as registration fee????
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
Admin
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am

Yep. there is reason.

We are working with a company that handles all the $ and they charge us 10$ a person to process. AAD, being that we dont make any money off the event, can not absorb the fees.

THis year we will have 3 lunches, a dinner, a welcome event and probably a breakfast (depending...)

While NOLA is giving us a FANTASTIC room rate, but the Food rates a not as low... though they offer a TON of awesome things for meals and parties.

I wanted to keep it under 200$ for registration, and i cut out as much as I could so it sits pretty at 190$.

Hope that explains it.
Back to top Go down
https://authorsafterdark.forummotion.com
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks for the info Stella, I think it's very reasonable.
Back to top Go down
http://allthefunstartsafterdark.blogspot.com/
Sariah

Sariah

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks Stella.
I already got my $$$$ all ready for registration! cheers
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:20 pm

sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Spaz
Blogger
Spaz

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm

I can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
http://spazp.blogspot.com
Pyper541

Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks for the info Stella can't wait... congratulations Bluesun on the free room!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks so much Pyper!
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Yes, congrats Bluesun.
Lucky gal!
Back to top Go down
bluesun1218

bluesun1218

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks woowoo Smile
Back to top Go down
WOOWOO

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

What a wonderful way to start of your AAD con.
Back to top Go down
PRationality

PRationality

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 am

I'm not a convention n00bie, but I'm kind of a reader/author get together convention n00b. Annually I attend Otakon, Katsucon, New York Comic Con and Book Expo, but those are more like industry events--and three of them aren't even about books (they're about comics and manga). Probably the biggest convention I've been to is Dragon-con (twice!) and let's just say Lexie had a bit of issues with the crowds...

So AAD2012 will be my first for that. Also my first time in NOLA and I've always wanted to go (I grew up a Gambit fan--since I was like five--though obviously I've grown to want to go to NOLA for other reasons other then the fact Remy would wax poetical).

Lexie
Back to top Go down
http://www.prationality.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Con Virgins in General -> FAQ   Con Virgins in General -> FAQ - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Con Virgins in General -> FAQ
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Authors After Dark :: Welcome Mat :: AAD Virgins-
Jump to: